Sunday, November 26, 2006

Like Toys in My Mouth

I couldn't resist JohnG's description of a rosé wine on his blog, Quaffability. John likes to taste and write about inexpensive wines, mostly found at Trader Joe's.


The nose is all strawberry candy and cherry popsicles with just a hint of spice. In the mouth, it’s tasty but ever so slightly sweet and a little too fruity for my taste.

I won't go into details today why I'm bringing this up, but I just want to say I think I've found the right wine to pair with gummy bears.
Excuse me, now, I need to find a dentist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how much it hurts to snort out loud, with my poor throat a raspy swordfight from coughing for three days?

OUCH, you are funny.

Dagny said...

Thank you for the recommendation. And here I've been eating my gummi bears with cherry cola. Because cherry cola seems to go perfectly with most fruit flavored candies.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this information. I'm sure it will come in handy one day.

Might I suggest a fine pinot noir with chocolate covered raisins?

cookiecrumb said...

Tana: Oh gosh, I'm sorry. I know from raspy swordfights. Right now I've got a pulled muscle in my chest, so please don't make me laugh. :D

Dagny: And Why Not? Although I bet the gummy bears taste more natural than the "cherry" in the cola. Aw, just conjecture, because I don't drink sodas, so I don't know.

KathyF: You certainly might. The raisins and the raisininess of the wine -- not to mention the chocolatiness... Oh, I stink as a wine taster.