Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dogs Will Be Dogs

Look at this little rascal run, dogtag flying. Cute! (I apologize for all the critter pics. My new obsession, I guess.)

I've tried to get action shots like this of Bartlett, but she's just too fast. Or I'm using the wrong camera settings. I snapped one yesterday, and everything is in focus but the dog.

Bartlett is doing well. She has decided that for her birthday she wants to be a barking dog, and boy, is mommy mad! We are working really hard on correcting that, now, and the poor puppy is now afraid to bark when she needs to go outside for a potty visit. She's smart, though, so it's the humans who will have to refine our training techniques to let her know there are good barks and there are bad barks.

She'll be four week after next. Or today. We don't know, because she was a dog pound dog.

Happy birthday!

8 comments:

Zoomie said...

Hard to believe she's four already - I remember when she came home she was just a tiny puppy! We don't know Cora's age or birthday, either, so we celebrate on the day she came to us. Happy Birthday, Bartlett!

Chilebrown said...

Very nice shot. Limas yes, Eggplant No.

cookiecrumb said...

Zoomie, sometimes it's sad when a puppy grows up, but it's all for the better in Bartlett's case. Cranky is outdoors with her now, TRAINING her some more. No barking! Stop hopping up against the fence!

CB, I gotta tell you, I didn't take that picture... I just wish I could get shots like that.
So you're good with limas? Makes sense, they're favas' cousins.

Greg said...

Tis a great photo. HB dog dog. You can take photos like that. Just lay on the ground and spend two hours in post production ;)

cookiecrumb said...

Greg, Bartlett thanks you.
I know you need to get down for some of these shots, but at my age, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get up again. :P

Greg said...

My records show you and I are the same age. Just remember sixty is the new thirty. If I can just remember where I put my Advil. ;)

Cyndi said...

Just popping in to say hello after a long absence from reading blogs of any kind. I've been working in Yellowstone all summer - last day was today - we head home tomorrow. But since we live in SoCal we won't get home till Wednesday. I'm trying to get caught up on a few blogs, and saw that you were a bit sad because of the lack of comments. I'm commenting! I plan to try that overnight oatmeal, though I'm going to try it with yogurt instead of the buttermilk. I'm looking forward to getting back into my big kitchen (well, it's small, but it's a lot bigger than the one in my RV) and cooking some great stuff.

cookiecrumb said...

Hey, Cyndi, great to hear from you! What a fantastic summer you've been having. xxx
If you try the oats with yogurt, stir some milk in, too, for the moisture content to soften the oats and chia seed. In fact, that's the original recipe...