So when did this "five random facts" meme get ratcheted up to eight? Next time this one binks back to me it'll probably be nine or ten random facts, and by then, I'll probably have to make stuff up.
But it's fun.
Catherine from Food Musings tagged me, in a charming, if guilty, manner. I get the idea that I'm supposed to tag eight bloggers now, but haven't we all been tagged already? I should be the guilty one, because I'm going to let this chain letter die here today. Please tag yourself if you have fascinating facts to reveal.
Me, I'm short on fascinating. Mundane will have to do.
1) This food obsession of mine must have started early. My first dog, when I was 10, was named Pepper. Much later on I adopted a neurotic, ugly-cute terrier from the pound and named him Chili. About five years later, we got Bean Dip, a little Maltese quite a bit less pretty than our current preoccupation, Bean Sprout. What's next? (My dentist thought Bean Sprout should be named Popcorn; I love that. Maybe next dog.)
2) About the same time I had Pepper the dog, my dad bought me a pogo stick. Yes! One of those goofy things you bounce up and down with. It was a really slick model, made of metal and containing an air-compression device inside to regulate the thump. Black rubber handles and tip on the bottom, excellent treaded foot pedals. I knew how cool it was, but... I just couldn't force myself to go outside and hop on it for the hours at a time it truly deserved. Wonder what ever happened to it.
3) I have frozen beet pulp in my freezer. I have a perfect plan for it, but I can't seem to get started on the project.
4) I do not have flat feet. Au contraire. The arches in my feet run from side to side, all the way across. My wet footprints are in two pieces.
5) I had to take Home-Ec three times. We were a Navy family that moved often, and every new school district had its rules. Sixth grade, seventh grade and eighth grade. Damn, I can thread a needle.
6) I have never seen a dead person.
7) The ocean scares me. I was a major beach bum all my life, but I'm afraid of sharks and tides. Speaking of beach bum: Wear sunscreen... to quote my friend Mary Schmich.
8) Cell phone? Feh. Got one. Don't use it. Payin' for it. Feh.