1. I am accessory-challenged. I have boxes of scarves, drawers of jewelry, a closet full of shoes. But I forget to avail myself of the variety, and instead go out unadorned, wearing the same damn clogs, every time. No scarves.
2. I interviewed Calvin Trillin once. Nice guy, if a little distant (well, I was a stranger to him). But he let me buy him an Anchor Steam beer.
3. My first job (other than baby-sitting) was picking strawberries for two summers in junior high school. I made 55 cents for every 12-quart flat I lugged down the rows to the mean lady who would punch my card as proof that I'd picked a flat (we didn't get paid actual money until the end of the summer). On my best days, I made $2.20. We're talking 8-hour days. Call the Department of Labor!
4. Cranky and I have lived in our new house for almost a year, and we're still scared to hang pictures. The paint is so nice. (That's just one excuse.)
5. I saw the Doors play live at a roller rink in Alexandria, VA. This was obviously before they got really big. There was a local DJ warming up the crowd with quizzes and such, and I won a dollar. (So, that made up for the lousy wages picking berries.)
6. There's a bag of stale gummy bears on my nightstand.
7. I own six ukuleles.
8. Today I am going to hard-cook 10 quail eggs. This will be a first for me.
9. I went to Gavin Newsom's wedding.
10. (Since this is a Top-10 list): Cranky and I attended a taping of the David Letterman show! Yes, it really is that cold in the theater.
Now I must tag five people. I'm going to bug:
Ilva (because she tagged me for something else I have to get busy on)
If the above tag-ees have already participated, I apologize for missing it. And if they don't want to play, that's cool
Simple rules: post ten weird and random facts about yourself. At the end, list the names of the five people you tagged.