Saturday, August 06, 2005

First Week Almost Over

And, frankly, I'm not even looking forward to going off the All-Marin Diet. Though a little wheat flour might be nice. And I do have a jar of Napa Valley mustard that's whispering to me.
As for today, we utilized the leftover baked potato shells that we had previously scooped the innards out of for "crackers." There was still a little sauteed Marin Sun Farms ground beef with Tomales onions in the fridge. And some MSF eggs. BH&CC came up with "Inside-Out Hash."
The egg you see here is overdone, so the method I'll give is what I think we should have done.
Fill the scooped-out potato shells with a couple spoonfuls of the seasoned, sauteed beef. Put a nice dab of butter on top. Place the shells in a casserole, or in individual ramekins, or in the cups of a muffin tin. Warm them in a 350 oven until the meat and potatoes are hot, then remove from oven and carefully crack one egg into each. Return to oven and bake until whites are set.
BH&CC says regular hash is better; I think that's because corned beef is our "usual" regular hash, and oy, such flavor there. But I loved this version; I ate two.

2 comments:

Sara Zoe Patterson said...

Much applause for all your hard work this week. While I am also participating in the challenge, not to your level. It's been interesting to watch.

This dish looks great. And when my own challenge is over, or if I find local corned beef, I think I'll try browing cubed hash with onions in place of the beef. mmmm

cookiecrumb said...

Po'M: Thanks for the cheerleading. We're actually wavering on our resolve, all of a sudden! Husband is dying for popcorn! :)