Monday, June 13, 2005

And It's Still Only June



C'mon, show me what you got. You got ripe tomatoes in your garden yet?
I do.
Caught me completely by surprise, because beloved husband and co-cook will tell you I spend WAY too much time out on the patio babying those babies. And yet, all of a sudden, today I discovered not one, but two ripe Sungolds I swear weren't there yesterday.
I should let you farmers in on a little secret of mine. It's called MaxSea, the world's most potent pixie dust. I learned about it last summer when a neighbor took care of my plants for a week while we vacationed. When we returned, the plants were so lush and healthy, I thought she'd gone out and bought all new ones. Nope, it was this magic potion. (Their Web site, maxsea.biz, is not up and running yet, so good luck finding some. I got mine at Sloat Gardens.)
Hmm. Do you think I could make a meal out of two cherry tomatoes? 'Scuse me, I'm going to go find out.

No comments: