Sometimes it was distracting. You'd be all involved with some subject that totally consumes you as you consume it, say orange zest. Heh. And then a blog pal would barge in and say, "Tag, you're it!"
You'd drop everything and take pictures of the inside of your refrigerator. Or you'd name a handful of meaningful cookbooks. Maybe tell who most influenced your cooking. Like that.
Everyone was doing it, and we all got to look inside each other's refrigerators.
Well, it kind of died off. I suspect we got tired of looking up URLs in order to tag new people. Or hated bothering them with these reindeer games. I know back then, some people I tagged never responded.
But, wow, I was tagged the other day. It's no longer called a meme, and for that reason I will participate. I'm messing with the rules, though. Five facts about yourself? Whattabore. How about Five Sordid Facts?
KristiB from The Global Kitchen tagged me.
The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
five sordid facts
1. I don't shower every day. I do keep my hands clean, though.That was fun. Well, perhaps not for you.
2. We don't have a 20-second rule at our house. If something's been in the trash for 10 minutes and I think of a use for it, out it comes. No apologies.
3. I love chick flicks. Not dumb ones. Good ones. Funny ones. (Oh, and I adore Will Ferrell. That's sordid.)
4. I haven't been in an airplane since before 9/11. Haven't had a need to, simply (though it might be nice to go to Fiji if someone would look after Bean Sprout).
5. One of these days I will modernize my wardrobe. Maybe not.
Now I must bother the following people. You don't have to tell us five sordid facts; just the facts, ma'am. And if you don't want to play, don't even bother.
Peter at Cookblog hasn't been in business long enough to have grown weary or wary of memes. Tag, Peter.
Ditto for Zoomie at Zoomie Station. I know her, and she'll have a lot to share. You're it, Zooms.
I'm crazy about Claudia at cook eat FRET (although I'm not sure if you're supposed to know her name, so pretend I'm Will Smith in Men in Black and I just flashed you with the flashy thing). Tag, um, whatsyourname.
El at Fast Grow the Weeds is a goddess to me. She grows almost everything she and her family eats. She may be too busy knocking snow off the hoophouses to let light in for the seedlings just now. But. She's it. She's really it.
I'd tag the salty Heather at Gild the Voodoolily, but my tagger already tagged 'er. So I'll leave my list of taggees at four.
Have fun, kids.