Saturday, September 17, 2005

What It's Come To

See those? Those are my cherry tomatoes. They're about the size of Sevruga caviar pearls — meh, maybe a tad bigger. Even the larger, so-called slicing varieties (Black Prince, in particular) are coming in at way under size, about like a big marble.
Ah, well. No complaints. They made a pretty cute Salade Niçoise for lunch. I ended up saving the ahi poke from the restaurant the other day, and gently poached it in olive oil. Then, Marin Sun Farm eggs, lettuce from the patio, and all the usual ingredients. Dang, it was local!
(Do I seem to go on and ON about tomatoes? Uh-huh.)
Oh, did anyone notice how the president likes to button his shirt? The other day when he speechified from New Orleans, he apparently failed to line up the proper buttons with the proper buttonholes. Look at his collar. What a kindergartener.

8 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Please, I must have a photo of the shirt buttoned wrong.

Kalyn Denny said...

Now I see your link. Too funny.

cookiecrumb said...

Two words: Doo Fus.

MizD said...

Clearly he forgot to pass his most recent note to Condi:

I think I may NEED HELP BUTTONING my shirt?
Is this possible?

Pim said...

They are not even cherry tomatoes, they are pearl tomatoes. Cute!

Monkey Gland said...

Doesn't he have people to look out for that kind of thing, like him Mom or something...

Greg said...

My tomatoes suffer from the small but sweet syndrome this year too.Most enjoyable though.
G.

cookiecrumb said...

To what do I owe the honor of all these visitors to my blog? Hello, all. Thanks!