Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy (Burp) Meal

Sorry, no photos. I thought of taking my camera along with me to Pacific Catch, the new restaurant in Corte Madera Town Center, but I just didn't remember at the last minute.
The place got a good review in the Marin Independent Journal yesterday, so it may have been folly on our part to brave a meal there so soon after a rave writeup. And, in fact, at 2 p.m. it was still pretty busy, and we had to wait for our server to take our order for quite a few minutes.
But! I didn't expect it to be so good. It's just a joint in a mall, after all. It's the spinoff of a fairly successful restaurant of the same name in San Francisco's Marina neighborhood, brought to us by the two guys who invented World Wrapps. All I wanted was a little taste of ahi poke, which came draped over a huge bowl of sushi-seasoned rice, garnished with daikon sprouts, wakame salad, slivers of nori, some avocado slices, preserved ginger, and for an extra $1.95, a healthy scoop of tobiko. Dang. It didn't have to be that good. I would have liked it anyway. (Heh. Lovin' Spoonful.)
I was knocked out.
I've got leftovers in the fridge right now, and I'm exiling cranky husband/co-cook from the house tomorrow so I can enjoy it again. All by myself.

No comments: