Monday, May 09, 2005

Steam Me Up, Scotty

Well, it's finally installed. Took several teams of willing craftsmen (pipefitter, sheetrock guy, electrician), tons of patience, sheer brawn and a lot of money. But we now have the dual-fuel convection oven in place. Watch out for that Power Boil high-BTU burner, though. I managed to scorch a couple of eggs the other day, and I *never* do that. It does a dandy job on the teakettle, though.
Still haven't tried out the convection oven, but I'm dreaming up a flaxseed cracker recipe to bake in a day or so. I'll let you know.
Here it is. We call it the Starship Enterprise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Second Birthday! Went back to enjoy this one from the link in your text today! You rock!

Pam

cookiecrumb said...

My first comment! My first comment!
I just started this blog and already, I'm...
Whoa. In a time warp.
Steam me up, Scotty.
Thank you Pam!!!!!

michael, claudia and sierra said...

ok - here i go....

Kalyn Denny said...

Whoa, so I guess you know how I'm feeling huh? Your stove is a beauty.

cookiecrumb said...

Kalyn: Nah. Jealous of yours. We had to leave this beauty behind when we sold the condo. (At the peak of the market! The next owner went into foreclosure; I want my oven back.)
Hey, rock on. See you Thursday.